Celebrating the London Routemaster Bus
Finishing off my transport theme of beanie hats ( check out my other transport beanies here) I thought I’d end with a London icon , the Routemaster bus.
These gorgeous buses were sadly taken off London roads a few years ago and have been sorely missed by Londoners and tourists alike. The few that remain have been privately bought and used as tour buses or party buses.
The good news is that the Routemaster is back! New and improved apparently , well it certainly is on my hat…
Here is my tribute to the lovely big red London bus.
This lovely muted green chunky beanie is made with double strand DK acrylic yarn, soft and hard-wearing and very easy to wash. The double decker red bus is a crocheted applique and is carefully sewn on . The bus stop is a fun detail. This fun bus beanie crochet hat would fit children from 2 and stretch to fit up to adult.
Available directly from my facebook crochet page ( payment via Paypal) this hat costs just £10 plus p+p.
Soon to be listed also in my folksy shop
This lovely hat has been sold to a sweet little boy who is bus crazy. His mum says he loves it!
I can still make this hat to order, just leave me a message on my facebook page or leave a comment below. There would be a 2 week turnaround.
- Everyone’s Talking About: The New Routemaster Bus (itsnicethat.com)
- You: In London, Routemaster buses are on a roll again (latimes.com)
- Sometimes a bus is just a bus (libdemvoice.org)
- London’s Iconic Routemaster Bus Rolls Again, With a Che Bella Modern Design (leggotunglei808.wordpress.com)
- New Eco-Routemaster Hybrid Bus Debuts in London! (inhabitat.com)